Draft 2013

Discussão geral sobre a liga universitaria americana, projeções e futuros drafts da NBA

Moderadores: MatheusK, What's Up, Doc?

<<

Mellinari

Nível 32: All-Star

Mensagem por Mellinari » Sex Jun 28, 2013 10:20 am

Re: Draft 2013

Raoni_19 escreveu:
danilobaldusco escreveu:Wolves não pegou o McCollum por que espera o Budinger inteiro esta temporada.
E acho que por depht, valeu ter pego o Shabazz e o Dieng.
McCollum é 2, shooter, scorer animal e undersized.
Não tem nada a ver com o Budinger, Danilo.

Budinger tem 2,01m, defesa e 35-40% de três na melhor hipótese. E não em machine gun... Máximo da carreira é 4 tentativas por jogo de média. Nem quando fazia 18ppg em Arizona

McCollum chutou 31 e 34 (praticamente a mesma coisa que Budinger) com 7 chutes de três por jogo. E 52% com 5,5 por jogo nessa última season de 24ppg.
C.J. McCollum: I'm a 'scoring point guard'
Imagem
Ribeirão Preto Pinguins - Campeão SL 07/08 e FDB 13/14
<<

What's Up, Doc?

Nível 6: Fraldinha

Mensagem por What's Up, Doc? » Sex Jun 28, 2013 10:35 am

Um ponto engraçado: Pacers se recusou a trocar pelo JJ Redick em fevereiro porque não queriam dar esta escolha, usaram ela num moleque que só o DE tinha como draftado.
Imagem
<<

marlonks

Nível 20: Titular

Mensagem por marlonks » Sex Jun 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Pelton primeiro, Chad Ford no spoiler (gigante)
Rating every team's draft selections
Updated: June 28, 2013, 12:05 PM ET
By Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider

Nerlens Noel didn't go No. 1 in the draft, but he helped the Sixers earn the No. 1 spot on these rankings.
To complement the traditional draft grades done by our Chad Ford, I'm offering a slightly different spin on the day-after evaluation. Using my WARP projections for this year's draft and the typical outcome of past drafts, it's possible to rate every selection -- with the exception of the handful of player without projections -- against the expected value of the pick. I've totaled that up for every team (except for the Raptors, who didn't have a pick), factoring in expected trades, and ranked them. Let's take a look.

1. Philadelphia 76ers, +3.7 (Expected: 4.0, actual 7.7)
What a debut for GM Sam Hinkie. Not only did I rate the 76ers' trade with New Orleans an A+, all three picks Philadelphia made -- highlighted by Nerlens Noel (3.6 projected WARP) -- rated well above the expected value for those spots. In total, the 76ers added players projected to average 7.7 wins above replacement (WARP) over their first five seasons, when typical selections at the same picks would combine for 4.0 WARP. Michael Carter-Williams (2.0) was a good value for Philadelphia at the 11th pick, and Hinkie picked up sleeper Arsalan Kazemi (2.1) late in the second round.

2. Oklahoma City Thunder, +3.4 (Expected: 4.0, actual 7.4)
The Thunder surprised everyone but the WARP projections by taking Colorado forward Andre Roberson (2.6) in the first round. Because WARP rated Roberson third overall in the draft, his selection scored as the single best value. Oklahoma City got another sleeper by buying the No. 40 pick from Portland to take Arizona forward Grant Jerrett (1.5), and No. 12 overall pick Steven Adams (1.9) also grades out well.

3. Portland Trail Blazers, +2.4 (Expected: 3.8, actual 6.2)
For a few picks there, the Blazers seemed to be drafting straight off my board. With the second-round picks they kept, they landed three excellent values in Allen Crabbe (1.1), Jeff Withey (0.7) and international stash Marko Todorovic (1.5). Add in the highly rated C.J. McCollum (2.5) in the lottery and Portland GM Neil Olshey appears to have upgraded a bench that was a huge weakness last season.

4. Atlanta Hawks, +2.0 (Expected: 1.9, actual 4.0)
The Hawks also successfully went overseas. While guard Dennis Schroeder does not have a projection, center Lucas Nogueira (2.4) has terrific potential for the 16th pick based on his performance in the ACB. Second-round pick Mike Muscala (1.5) also rated well.

5. Milwaukee Bucks, +1.5 (Expected: 0.7, actual 2.2)
First-round pick Giannis Antetokounmpo is another player without a rating, so this spot is strictly based on the Bucks dealing for Nate Wolters in the second round. The South Dakota State product projects as a useful backup point guard; the question of who he might back up remains unanswered.

6. New Orleans Pelicans, +1.5 (Expected: 0.6, actual 2.1)
While I wasn't a fan of the Pelicans' trade for Jrue Holiday, they were wise to get back the No. 42 pick as part of the deal. With it, New Orleans picked up another solid point guard prospect in Pierre Jackson (2.1). Now the Pelicans have to figure out how he fits with Holiday and Greivis Vasquez.

7. Detroit Pistons, +1.0 (Expected: 3.0, actual 4.0)
The Pistons surprised everyone by taking Georgia guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (2.6), rated fourth overall by WARP. Detroit also snagged Tony Mitchell (1.5) when he dropped to the second round, getting excellent value.

8. Washington Wizards, +1.0 (Expected: 3.2, actual 4.2)
Even with Noel dropping, Otto Porter (+2.7) might have been the draft's easiest pick in terms of value and need. The Wizards added another solid wing prospect in the second round, trading for Glen Rice Jr. (+1.6).

9. L.A. Lakers, +0.5 (Expected: 0.6, actual 1.1)
The Lakers didn't pick until 48th overall, getting Duke forward Ryan Kelly (1.1), a well-rounded stretch 4.

10. Utah Jazz, +0.4 (Expected: 2.3, actual 2.7)
Since Rudy Gobert doesn't have a projection, the Jazz's rating is nearly all about trading up for Trey Burke (+2.2), a value pick when he slipped to ninth overall.

11. Dallas Mavericks, +0.3 (Expected: 1.2, actual 1.6)
Had the Mavericks taken Shane Larkin (1.6) with their original pick, he would have rated almost exactly at the expected value for the pick (1.5). But by trading down, Dallas added a pair of second-round picks and got better value.

12. Charlotte Bobcats, +0.3 (Expected: 2.3, actual 2.5)
As surprising as Cody Zeller may have been at No. 4 -- especially with Noel still on the board -- by this measure he scores as a positive pick thanks to the fifth-best WARP projection in the draft.

13. San Antonio Spurs, +0.2 (Expected: 0.4, actual 0.6)
Again, no projection for San Antonio's first-round pick (French forward Livio Jean-Charles). By the time we get to the Spurs' second-rounder, No. 58, expectations are understandably low. DeShaun Thomas (0.6) slightly exceeded them.

14. Memphis Grizzlies, +0.1 (Expected: 0.7, actual 0.7)
While the WARP projections weren't particularly high on Jamaal Franklin (0.7), by the time he slipped into the middle of the second round he was fine value for Memphis. The Grizzlies will also stash Mr. Irrelevant, Latvian forward Janis Timma, who does not have a projection.

15. Los Angeles Clippers, +0.0 (Expected: 1.0, actual 1.0)
The Clippers had one pick, North Carolina wing Reggie Bullock (1.0), who rates as precisely typical of a No. 25 selection.

16. Denver Nuggets, +0.0 (Expected: 1.0, actual 1.0)
No. 55 pick Joffrey Lauvergne (0.6) rates slightly better than typical, No. 45 pick Erick Green (0.4) slightly worse. Add them together and the Nuggets were dead even.

17. Houston Rockets, +0.0 (Expected: 0.8, actual 0.8)
Naturally, teams that heavily value analytics tend to score well by this rating. The Rockets are the exception; their one pick, Isaiah Canaan at No. 34 (0.8) was completely average for that spot.

18. Miami Heat, -0.1 (Expected: 0.5, actual 0.4)
The Heat, who began the night without a pick, traded into the second round to get Long Beach State forward James Ennis (0.4), a fairly average No. 50 pick.

19. New York Knicks, -0.4 (Expected: 1.0, actual 0.6)
The Knicks went for Tim Hardaway Jr. (0.6) over a handful of wings that rated better, including Bullock, Crabbe and Rice.

20. Sacramento Kings, -0.4 (Expected: 2.6, actual 2.2)
Though they were taken a round apart, both Kings picks -- Ben McLemore and Ray McCallum have identical 1.1 ratings.

21. Indiana Pacers, -1.1 (Expected: 1.1, actual 0.0)
The Pacers pulled the surprise of the evening by taking Arizona forward Solomon Hill (0.0) with the 23rd overall pick. The comparisons to Draymond Green from last year's draft don't bear out statistically, since Green was rated one of the top prospects available in 2012.

22. Golden State Warriors, -1.2 (Expected: 0.9, actual -0.3)
The scouting report on the Warriors' No. 30 pick, Nemanja Nedovic, is promising. He doesn't rate as well statistically because he was a low-percentage finisher and had an assist-to-turnover ratio worse than 1.0 in Euroleague play last season.

23. Brooklyn Nets, -1.4 (Expected: 1.1, actual -0.4)
23-year-old Mason Plumlee (-0.4) will have to contribute next season to justify a first-round selection. I'm skeptical based on his translated statistics.

24. Chicago Bulls, -1.8 (Expected: 1.7, actual -0.1)
With his long arms and 39 percent NCAA 3-point shooting, Tony Snell (-0.2) looks the part of a 3-and-D role player. However, his defensive intensity was inconsistent at New Mexico and poor rebound and steal rates caused his WARP projection to drop below replacement. Second-round pick Erik Murphy (0.0) may be able to stretch the floor right away, but at 22 and limited athletically he's got little upside.

25. Cleveland Cavaliers, -2.3 (Expected: 5.2, actual 2.9)
Given the lack of star talent in this draft, assessing the Cavaliers based on the typical No. 1 overall pick seems a bit unfair. However, Noel would have scored as a positive pick by this method. Anthony Bennett (2.1) is much worse than the average No. 1 choice. Cleveland's rating is also hurt by second-round pick Carrick Felix (-1.2), a late bloomer in college who wasn't on the NBA's radar until this year. Those choices overwhelm an excellent value pick at No. 19 in Sergey Karasev (2.0).

26. Boston Celtics, -2.7 (Expected: 1.9, actual -0.7)
The Celtics sink so far almost entirely because they bought the No. 53 pick and drafted Colorado State center Colton Iverson (-1.8). Iverson scores poorly because of his age (he'll be 24 on Saturday) and middling career at Minnesota before transferring. But if Iverson plays down to his rating, Boston will simply cut him and move on, so this rating is overly harsh. First-rounder Kelly Olynyk (1.1) rates as a slight reach at No. 13, but he might not have been available to the Celtics at their original 16th pick.

27. Orlando Magic, -2.7 (Expected: 3.2, actual -0.5)
The Magic, too, are weighed down by their second-round pick. Oklahoma forward Romero Osby (-1.2) is another 23 year old with an unimpressive track record. WARP projections also favored Noel over Victor Oladipo (1.7).

28. Minnesota Timberwolves, -3.0 (Expected: 3.4, actual 0.4)
Not a great start for Flip Saunders, statistically speaking. Trading back from No. 9 made sense after the Pistons took Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, but the WARP projections favored numerous wings over UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad (-0.7), who rates as the single weakest pick of the draft by this method. Gorgui Dieng (0.2) also scored as a reach, though it's much easier to see how Dieng could be valuable to the Timberwolves as a backup center. The best of the Minnesota picks in terms of WARP projection was actually the last one, stash forward Bojan Dubljevic (1.2) at No. 59.

29. Phoenix Suns, -4.6 (Expected: 3.4, actual -1.2)
The Suns drafted three players, and two of them have negative WARP projections. No. 29 pick Archie Goodwin (-0.2) is young enough to have upside, but will have to develop massively after one disappointing year at Kentucky. No. 57 pick Alex Oriakhi (-1.1) is yet another college veteran whose translated performance doesn't suggest immediate contributions. In the lottery, Phoenix went with Alex Len (0.3) over Noel when both centers were available. Statistically, Noel is the much more impressive prospect.
Draft grades: 30 team evaluations
How did your squad perform on draft night? We hand out report cards.
Originally Published: June 28, 2013
By Chad Ford | ESPN.com

NBA Draft Winners

Bill Simmons, Jalen Rose and Jay Bilas with their winners from the NBA draft.
Tags: NBA Draft, Trail Blazers, Anthony Bennett
NEXT VIDEO
Implications Of Nets-Celtics Blockbuster
Every year I hand out grades just hours after the draft. As I'm a college professor in my day job, the exercise amounts to the equivalent of giving a student a final grade after the first day of class. There's so much we don't know about the teams and how these players will fit with their respective teams. In other words, these grades are subjective and unfair. In truth, you can't grade a draft for at least two years.

So why do it? Because it gives us a great opportunity to get an instant reaction on the future of every team in the league. What I write today won't be the definitive word on this draft, but it's a great way to start the conversation.

Here's our take on how every team in the league did Thursday night:

ATLANTA HAWKS | GRADE: C

Round 1: Lucas Nogueira (16), Dennis Schroeder (17)

Round 2: Mike Muscala (44), Raul Neto (47)

Analysis: The Hawks probably are losing a chunk of their rotation this offseason and didn't get much help in the draft for next season. It may be several years before we can accurately gauge how well they did.

Nogueira and Schroeder have upside. Nogueira can develop into an effective rim protector, and Schroeder is quick, athletic and tenacious on both ends. But both players appear to be several years from being serious contributors at the NBA level.

Muscala is the opposite of Nogueira and Schroeder. He's a polished college veteran who, of the Hawks' draft picks, might be the most ready to play now. Neto is a good player as well, but he's unlikely to come over to the NBA this year.

BOSTON CELTICS | GRADE: B+

Round 1: Kelly Olynyk (13)

Round 2: Colton Iverson (53)

Analysis: The Celtics made more noise outside the draft on Thursday, agreeing to trade Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry to the Nets for what boils down to three first-round picks.

So the Celtics are starting over, and it looks like Olynyk will be part of a young core led by Avery Bradley, Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger. (Rajon Rondo's future in Boston as he recovers from a knee injury is uncertain.)

It could get ugly real fast for Celtics fans. Although I haven't been a huge fan of Olynyk, I think he can stick in the league in the right style of play -- as long as his coach doesn't try to turn him into a center. He can hit shots and get to the rim, although he'll also play some matador defense.

Iverson adds toughness and six fouls, but no one will expect much.

BROOKLYN NETS | GRADE: B

Round 1: Mason Plumlee (22)

Round 2: None

Analysis: The Nets made their mark on draft day with agreement on a massive trade with Boston that landed Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry for Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, other players and three future first-round draft picks. Clearly in the short term, the Nets came out way ahead.

On top of that, they kept their 2013 first-round pick and landed Plumlee, the most athletic big in the draft not named Noel. Plumlee slid in the draft because of his age. Had he been 19 or 20 years old, he would've been a lottery pick. But at 22, teams question how much upside he has. He runs the floor and finishes high above the rim, but he probably will be relegated to spot minutes in a backup role.

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS | GRADE: C

Round 1: Cody Zeller (4)

Analysis: We began hearing on Wednesday that the Bobcats were seriously considering Zeller at No. 4, although it was hard to believe they would take him -- and it would've been even more difficult to accept if we had known the Bobcats would be passing on Nerlens Noel and Ben McLemore to take Zeller.

I like Zeller's NBA potential, but this pick was a major reach. Zeller is athletic and was probably underrated, but he'll have to change his game dramatically to succeed in the NBA, and no one knows whether he'll pull it off. Shooting jumpers in workouts is one thing. In an NBA game, it's another.

The Bobcats have made some pretty bad picks during owner Michael Jordan's reign. I don't think Zeller will be a bust in the way that Adam Morrison and D.J. Augustin were. But I struggle to believe he'll have the career of Noel or McLemore. For the Bobcats' sake, I hope Zeller proves me wrong.

CHICAGO BULLS | GRADE: C-

Round 1: Tony Snell (20)

Round 2: Erik Murphy (49)

Analysis: The Bulls really wanted a swingman and selected Snell, a workout wonder. Because Reggie Bullock, Allen Crabbe and Tim Hardaway Jr. were on the board, all three of whom have better track records, I was a little surprised that Snell was the pick. He might have more upside, but his lack of consistency on both ends is concerning. The Bulls filled a need, but I don't think they got the best guy to do it.

Murphy was a good second-round pick -- a terrific shooter who should be able to play stretch 4.

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | GRADE: B+

Round 1: Anthony Bennett (1), Sergey Karasev (19)

Round 2: Carrick Felix (33)

Analysis: The Cavs kept everyone in suspense for six weeks. They talked trades with everyone. They wrung their hands over whom to take. And then they shocked just about everyone by taking Bennett with the No. 1 pick. I understand the reasoning. Cleveland wanted a pick-and-roll partner for Kyrie Irving. Bennett has the potential to be a 20-and 10-guy, perhaps the only one in the draft.

On the other hand, I think Noel, Victor Oladipo and Otto Porter were better prospects, and I would have liked their fit in Cleveland as much as or more than Bennett's. With the No. 1 pick, the Cavs needed to get the best talent, and I'm not sold on the idea that they did.

I loved the Karasev pick. They needed a shooter with a high basketball IQ, and I think he has a chance to be a solid player in the NBA. That's all you can ask for at No. 19.

Felix is a tough defender and should be able to get minutes coming off the bench. He's not an upside player but should play right away.

DALLAS MAVERICKS | GRADE: B-

Round 1: Shane Larkin (18)

Round 2: Ricky Ledo (43)

Analysis: The Mavericks are trying to lure free agent Dwight Howard. To create salary-cap space, the Mavs moved down from No. 13 to No. 18 and traded Jared Cunningham.

The prospects they landed are both solid. Larkin has the skills to be a NBA point guard -- the question will be, Does he have the size? Ledo has the skills to be a terrific scoring wing -- the question will be, Will he show more maturity than he has in the past?

Of the two, it's Ledo that has the better chance to be special. If the Mavs nurture him, he could be this year's Lance Stephenson.

DENVER NUGGETS | GRADE: C

Round 1: None

Round 2: Erick Green (46), Joffrey Lauvergne (55)

Analysis: The Nuggets traded the draft rights of Rudy Gobert to the Jazz for cash and the 46th pick. Time will tell whether the cash and a mid-second-round pick were worth passing on the longest player in the draft. In return, Denver got one of the best scorers in the draft. Green can score efficiently from just about anywhere. He slid in the draft because of concerns about his position. He's a classic tweener -- too small to be a shooting guard but lacking the vision of a point guard.

Lauvergne is athletic and soft and the type of draft-and-stash candidate who rarely gets unstashed.

DETROIT PISTONS | GRADE: B

Round 1: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (8)

Round 2: Tony Mitchell (37), Peyton Siva (56)

Analysis: After weeks of us hearing about the Pistons' need for a point guard and their desire to move Brandon Knight to the 2, they passed on all three of the top point guards in the draft and drafted another 2-guard. That felt a bit odd.

I do like Caldwell-Pope. He can shoot, has a high basketball IQ and has a lot of defensive potential. Although he doesn't fit a need, I think the Pistons felt he was the best player available and they would solve the point guard conundrum some other way.

At No. 37, they walked away with one of the most physically talented players in the draft. Mitchell was a disappointment this past season at North Texas, but his athleticism, length and rebounding suggest that in the right role, such as coming off the bench behind Greg Monroe, he could be fantastic.

As for Siva, his niche in the NBA likely will be limited to disrupting opponents. He has quick hands and feet, is a jet up and down the floor and plays with passion. He just is offensively challenged.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS | GRADE: B-

Round 1: Nemanja Nedovic (30)

Analysis: The Warriors began the night without a first-round pick but traded back into the first round at No. 27 before trading that pick to the Thunder in return for the No. 29 pick, which they then traded to the Suns for the No. 30 pick. Got that?

The player they ended up with is interesting. Nedovic is an athletic combo guard who some scouts think will be an absolute stud in the NBA. The Warriors needed a fourth guard behind Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Jarrett Jack (if he returns). Nedovic is probably not a draft-and-stash player. They'll bring him into the Summer League and give him a shot to win a spot on the team.

HOUSTON ROCKETS | GRADE: B+

Round 2: Isaiah Canaan (34)

Analysis: The Rockets also didn't have a first-round pick but essentially got one anyway at No. 34. Canaan might have been the fourth-best point guard in the draft, and I think Houston got great value. Canaan isn't a pure point guard, but he's a great athlete and a dominant scorer who can really shoot the ball. Not a lot of second-rounders stick in the NBA. I think Canaan will be one who does.

INDIANA PACERS | GRADE: D-

Round 1: Solomon Hill (23)

Analysis: Last year I hated the Pacers' pick of Miles Plumlee, which felt like an enormous reach -- a pick made on the misguided belief that a college senior would naturally be able to come in and contribute for an NBA playoff team. That didn't work for the Pacers last season (Plumlee played just 14 games and averaged 3.9 minutes per game), and I'm not sure it will work this year either. I like Hill better than Plumlee, but not by much: He was ranked No. 79 on our Top 100, if that tells you anything. As a college player, Hill was a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. There isn't a single characteristic he has that screams first-round pick.

I imagine the Pacers will say that a college veteran who plays the right way can help off the bench. Color me very skeptical.

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS | GRADE: B+

Round 1: Reggie Bullock (25)

Analysis: The Clippers wanted a wing who can shoot and got great value at No. 25. Bullock will fill a role for the Clippers as a 3-point specialist, and he can play some defense. In those regards, his best comparison might be Danny Green of the Spurs.

LOS ANGELES LAKERS | GRADE: B+

Round 2: Ryan Kelly (48)

Analysis: I'm not sure I'm in love with Kelly as a prospect in general. But Kelly on a Mike D'Antoni team? I can get excited about that. Kelly's ability to shoot the rock, handle the ball and play point power forward at times should make him a perfect fit in D'Antoni's system. I'm not predicting Kelly will be a star, but his chances for success go up dramatically under D'Antoni's watch.

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES | GRADE: A

Round 2: Jamaal Franklin (41), Janis Timma (60)

Analysis: Franklin was ranked 19th on my Big Board yet somehow managed to land in the Grizzlies' lap at No. 41. I'm stunned. To me, he's Tony Allen 2.0 -- an aggressive, long wing who can do a bit of everything. I love this pick.

Timma is an athletic wing from Latvia who will continue to hone his skills in Europe.

MIAMI HEAT | GRADE: B-

Round 2: James Ennis (50)

Analysis: The Heat traded into the second round to grab Ennis, a long, athletic wing who was one of the sleepers in the draft. I was really impressed with his play at the Brooklyn workout and think that, in the right environment, he has a chance to stick. A solid pick at No. 50.

MILWAUKEE BUCKS | GRADE: Inc.

Round 1: Giannis Antetokounmpo (15)

Round 2: Nate Wolters (38)

Analysis: Give the Bucks credit: They aren't afraid to take a chance.

It may be several years before we know whether the Bucks wasted their pick or struck gold with Antetokounmpo. Although he is a skilled, athletic point forward, he has the body of Kevin Durant and very little experience playing against other talented players. Also, he's expected to come to the NBA now, meaning that the Bucks will spend millions of dollars for a player who is likely to play in the D-League for a couple of years. But could the investment be worth it down the road? Yes.

As for Wolters, he was one of my favorite second-round picks, a Jimmer Fredette type with better court vision and much less hype. I could see him getting minutes right away for Bucks.

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES | GRADE: B-

Round 1: Shabazz Muhammad (14), Gorgui Dieng (21)

Round 2: Lorenzo Brown (52), Bojan Dubljevic (59)

Analysis: Flip Saunders walked away from his first draft as Timberwolves president and acknowledged that folks were a little disappointed. Four months ago, getting Muhammad at No. 14 would have been seen as the coup of the draft. But Muhammad's reputation is tainted, and fans are less excited.

The Wolves wanted scoring, and once Kentavious Caldwell-Pope was off the board, they found a way to get the other guy they liked in Muhammad. I think Muhammad is a terrific scorer and he'll find his niche in the league. Although I don't love him as a prospect, the venom directed toward him as a player and a person is unwarranted.

Dieng is a little harder for me to swallow. I see the appeal because of his size and length, but hearing the words "raw" and "23 years old" together doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Brown has talent as a big point guard, but like Ricky Rubio, he can't shoot.

Dubljevic is a terrific shooter, but he lacks athletic ability, enough to make him a question mark.

So while the Wolves walked away with talent, I'm not sure that anyone they drafted on Thursday night moves the needle much.

NEW ORLEANS PELICANS | GRADE: B+

Round 2: Pierre Jackson (42)

Analysis: General manager Dell Demps decided he was done with the lottery on Thursday night and sent the draft rights to Nerlens Noel and the Pelicans' 2014 first-round pick (top-five-protected) to the 76ers in return for Jrue Holiday and the draft rights to Jackson.

On the one hand, I question this decision. Noel was the top-rated player on our Big Board and has more upside than Holiday. New Orleans also lost a valuable asset, a probable lottery pick in the 2014 draft, which will feature a collection of talent that looks amazing on paper. In fact, the Pelicans were the only team in the NBA to give away a 2014 first-round pick.

On the other hand, it's clear that Demps is under pressure from new ownership to get better now, and Holiday, who is just 23, is a great get. By putting him with Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis, the Pelicans will have the makings of a great young core that could compete for years.

NEW YORK KNICKS | GRADE: C

Round 1: Tim Hardaway Jr. (24)

Analysis: The Knicks got name recognition on Thursday, but unfortunately, Hardaway Jr. is no Hardaway Sr.

Hardaway Jr. does have great size for his position and he's a good shooter, but his game is pretty forgettable, as three years at Michigan demonstrated. He was able to win over coaches and teams with his professionalism and work ethic in workouts. But I'm not sure that his talent allows him to have a ceiling any higher than rotation player.

OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER | GRADE: B+

Round 1: Steven Adams (12), Andre Roberson (26)

Round 2: Alex Abrines (32), Grant Jerrett (40)

Analysis: The Thunder got a little bit of everything on Thursday.

Want upside? Adams has a ton of it, with great NBA size and strength and the ability to shut people down in the paint. If his offensive game comes around, he could be really good.

Want rebounds? Roberson was one of the two or three best rebounders in the draft -- an athletic specialist who might carve out a Reggie Evans-esque career.

Want a scorer? Abrines has a chance to be a better version of Rudy Fernandez if OKC is patient. Want shooting? Jerrett has the ability to be a lethal stretch 4.

ORLANDO MAGIC | GRADE: A-

Round 1: Victor Oladipo (2)

Round 2: Romero Osby (51)

Analysis: Oladipo was my favorite player in the draft. Not only is he, in my opinion, a sure thing, but he still has upside, too. He'll bring it every hour of every day for a young, impressionable team.

Osby is a tough, physical, undersized 4.

It's clear GM Rob Hennigan is trying to change the culture in Orlando, and he took a big step forward on Thursday night.

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS | GRADE: A+

Round 1: Nerlens Noel (6), Michael Carter-Williams (11)

Round 2: Arsalan Kazemi (54)

Analysis: New GM Sam Hinkie came out swinging on Thursday night. The last thing Hinkie wanted was to be where the 76ers have been the past few seasons -- in the middle of the standings. So he blew up the team in an effort to build a foundation of greatness. He made the boldest trade of the draft and walked away with a potential franchise center, a very promising point guard and a valuable 2014 first-round pick from the Pelicans.

It cost him All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday, but in the long run it may be worth the price. With Noel possibly missing some time next season, the Sixers likely will be in the hunt for the No. 1 pick in 2014. By next July, this team could have four young players with franchise potential on its roster. In three years, it could be wicked good.

PHOENIX SUNS | GRADE: B-

Round 1: Alex Len (5), Archie Goodwin (29)

Round 2: Alex Oriakhi (57)

Analysis: The Suns have blown the draft in most recent years, as the names Earl Clark, Markieff Morris and Kendall Marshall demonstrate. This year, Suns president Lon Babby hired one of the best scouts in the business, Ryan McDonough, as his new general manager. But the first draft pick of the McDonough era, in some ways, looked a lot like the draft picks the Suns have been making.

Len has upside, but he's coming off stress-fracture surgery, and in two years at Maryland he showed only flashes of greatness -- he rarely could sustain it. Len was the riskiest pick of the consensus top six, and Phoenix passed on two better prospects -- Noel and McLemore -- to take him.

With the No. 29 pick, things got a little better. The Suns wisely overlooked Goodwin's so-so freshman performance and saw the potential he has. If he ever gets a jump shot, or learns what a good shot is, he could be special.

As for Oriakhi, I think there were better players on the board, but I can't quibble too much. At No. 57, there wasn't going to be a difference-maker, and he does bring length and toughness.

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS | GRADE: A

Round 1: C.J. McCollum (10)

Round 2: Allen Crabbe (31), Jeff Withey (39), Marko Todorovic (45)

Analysis: Portland GM Neil Olshey must believe the Blazers need more offense in their backcourt, as they drafted two of the most aggressive scorers and best shooters in the draft.

The Blazers had coveted McCollum for a while and think he's a great fit in the backcourt next to rookie of the year point guard Damian Lillard, who thrived when he played off the ball last season. Portland sees McCollum as a guard who can play both positions, too.

Crabbe is a shooter with ridiculous range, and he isn't afraid to let if fly.

Withey is one-dimensional, but the one thing he does well, shot-blocking, he does really well.

Todorovic is a project they'll revisit down the road.

SACRAMENTO KINGS | GRADE: A-

Round 1: Ben McLemore (7)

Round 2: Ray McCallum (36)

Analysis: Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro has been on the job just nine days, but things are already looking up. Having McLemore, one of the two or three top talents in the draft, slide all the way to No. 7 was a godsend. The Kings wanted athleticism and shooting at the 2, and McLemore is a great fit. He has the chance, with hard work and greater confidence, to be the best player in the draft.

McCallum is a solid, no-frills point guard who might earn a lot more minutes if the Kings decide to clean house this summer.

SAN ANTONIO SPURS | GRADE: C

Round 1: Livio Jean-Charles (28)

Round 2: Deshaun Thomas (58)

Analysis: The Spurs, like the rest of the NBA, were wowed by Jean-Charles' 27-point performance in the Nike Hoop Summit. Jean-Charles is a forward who can play the 3 and the 4. He's not particularly skilled, but he has a nose for the ball and finds a way to contribute. He'll likely stay in France for another year.

Thomas is one of the top five scorers in the draft, but he slipped because of an inconsistent effort on the defensive end. If Pop can get him to play some defense, he might be another second-round steal for the Spurs.

TORONTO RAPTORS | GRADE: N/A

Analysis: The Raptors traded this pick to the Rockets (who in turn traded it to the Thunder) as part of a trade last year for Kyle Lowry. So, was Lowry worth missing the chance to draft Steven Adams (whom the Thunder took at 12)? It would be hard to say no.

UTAH JAZZ | GRADE: B+

Round 1: Trey Burke (9), Rudy Gobert (27)

Analysis: Everyone knew coming into the draft that the Jazz were hunting for a point guard. On Thursday they packaged the Nos. 14 and 21 picks to move up five spots to grab Burke, the college player of the year. With Burke they get a floor general who can excel equally at scoring and getting others involved. He's a little small for his position and lacks elite athleticism, but he plays with a lot of moxie and has the winning credentials that scouts tend to love.

I personally prefer C.J. McCollum to Burke. McCollum is a better shooter and scorer and bigger than Burke, but it is close.

As for Gobert, the Jazz also landed a third young big man who happens to be just about the longest player we've ever seen, with a 7-foot-9 wingspan. I'm not sure how ready he is, but the hope is that someday he can turn into a Roy Hibbert-type rim protector.

WASHINGTON WIZARDS | GRADE: A

Round 1: Otto Porter (3)

Round 2: Glen Rice Jr. (35)

Analysis: The Wizards had one of the easier paths of any team in this draft. Porter was the perfect fit as both a player and person for the franchise. Although his upside might not be as high as that of some others in the draft, he also is the most well-rounded, NBA-ready player of the group. He should contribute right away in D.C.

Rice was also a great pick. He led his team to a D-League championship and won MVP. He's a bit of a tweener, but his athleticism and shooting ability make him a potential spark plug off the bench.
Imagem
Like, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
<<

saraiva

Nível 14: Reserva

Mensagem por saraiva » Sex Jun 28, 2013 3:45 pm

<<

PontiacSilverDome

Nível 46: Role Player

Mensagem por PontiacSilverDome » Sex Jun 28, 2013 8:30 pm

hahaha ontem mandou bem demais , qualquer cara iria ficar incomodado com os booos :lol:
PontiacSilverDome:
Campeão da 2ª copa Lakers 2009
Campeão da Copa DBL X FDB 2011
Campeão da Divisão Bird 2016
Campeão da Divisão Bird 2017
Vitoria Pixies
Campeão da divisão Leste 2018
<<

Raoni_19

Nível 25: Reserva

Mensagem por Raoni_19 » Sáb Jun 29, 2013 12:57 am

Mellini escreveu:
Raoni_19 escreveu:
danilobaldusco escreveu:Wolves não pegou o McCollum por que espera o Budinger inteiro esta temporada.
E acho que por depht, valeu ter pego o Shabazz e o Dieng.
McCollum é 2, shooter, scorer animal e undersized.
Não tem nada a ver com o Budinger, Danilo.

Budinger tem 2,01m, defesa e 35-40% de três na melhor hipótese. E não em machine gun... Máximo da carreira é 4 tentativas por jogo de média. Nem quando fazia 18ppg em Arizona

McCollum chutou 31 e 34 (praticamente a mesma coisa que Budinger) com 7 chutes de três por jogo. E 52% com 5,5 por jogo nessa última season de 24ppg.
C.J. McCollum: I'm a 'scoring point guard'

"Eu sou o GM, esse é o Presidente do time e esse o técnico.

Negão, tu vai jogar aonde nós mandarmos, ok?"
<<

Raoni_19

Mensagem por Raoni_19 » Sáb Jun 29, 2013 12:59 am

Stern mito!

Achei do caralho aplaudiram de pé e de forma tão entusiasmada a última pick que ele chamou!
E daí vaiaram o Silver, hahaha. Muito comédia, mandaram muito.
<<

marlonks

Nível 20: Titular

Mensagem por marlonks » Sáb Jun 29, 2013 3:08 pm

O pessoal do Minnesota tá bem irritado com as escolhas ... nos foruns o pau tá comendo no Flip.

Eu to achando bizarro o quanto eles odeiam o Shabazz. Tem gente q é bem arrogante com seu lado "scout" (tal jogador vai ser bust, tal jogador vai ser bom) mas eles praticamente tem certeza que não há chance do Shabazz ser simplesmente nem jogador de rotação.

Bom, o cara do Draft Express tinha ele rankeado como numero 11 e falou que draftarem no top 15 seiria normal.

Tudo q ele pode fazer é acertar arremessos sem marcação? Uau, já pensou se o Rubio pudesse passar p alguem que matasse bolas? Já é um baita upgrade sobre os wings do Minnesota.

Eu acho o McCollum bom tb, mas o Wolves precisa de tamanho. Rubio JJ Ridnour e Shved. Muita gente pequena.

E acho que há uma neurose nos fãs do Wolves em deixar passar o undersized (CJ McCollum) porque da ultima vez que eles fizeram isso .. deixaram passar Stephen Curry por Johnny Flynn. :lol: e aí se comportam como se todo jogador undersized fosse um diamante ... não é assim.

E, pra piorar, o AK saiu fora. Acho que não renova, vai pra Russia ou outro time. Tá querendo extensão de 3 anos segundo um beat writer do Wolves, ou seja, para alem dos 30 milhoes.

Wolves deve manter Pekovic/Budinger e tentar um SG (Redick, Mayo?) nos free agents.
Imagem
Like, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
<<

Henry

Mensagem por Henry » Sáb Jun 29, 2013 3:35 pm

marlonks escreveu:O pessoal do Minnesota tá bem irritado com as escolhas ... nos foruns o pau tá comendo no Flip.

Wolves deve manter Pekovic/Budinger e tentar um SG (Redick, Mayo?) nos free agents.

O que Flip ainda faz numa franquia ?!

Jogar três franquias na merda não é o suficiente ?!?! E VOLTA PRO WOLVES ?!? haahhahahaha

Agora, estes sgs listado .... que fracasso hein ?

Wolves perdido, pra variar.
Editado pela última vez por Henry em Dom Jun 30, 2013 1:17 pm, em um total de 1 vez.
<<

Raoni_19

Mensagem por Raoni_19 » Sáb Jun 29, 2013 5:07 pm

marlonks escreveu:O pessoal do Minnesota tá bem irritado com as escolhas ... nos foruns o pau tá comendo no Flip.

Eu to achando bizarro o quanto eles odeiam o Shabazz. Tem gente q é bem arrogante com seu lado "scout" (tal jogador vai ser bust, tal jogador vai ser bom) mas eles praticamente tem certeza que não há chance do Shabazz ser simplesmente nem jogador de rotação.

Bom, o cara do Draft Express tinha ele rankeado como numero 11 e falou que draftarem no top 15 seiria normal.

Tudo q ele pode fazer é acertar arremessos sem marcação? Uau, já pensou se o Rubio pudesse passar p alguem que matasse bolas? Já é um baita upgrade sobre os wings do Minnesota.

Eu acho o McCollum bom tb, mas o Wolves precisa de tamanho. Rubio JJ Ridnour e Shved. Muita gente pequena.

E acho que há uma neurose nos fãs do Wolves em deixar passar o undersized (CJ McCollum) porque da ultima vez que eles fizeram isso .. deixaram passar Stephen Curry por Johnny Flynn. :lol: e aí se comportam como se todo jogador undersized fosse um diamante ... não é assim.

E, pra piorar, o AK saiu fora. Acho que não renova, vai pra Russia ou outro time. Tá querendo extensão de 3 anos segundo um beat writer do Wolves, ou seja, para alem dos 30 milhoes.

McCollum é melhor que Shabazz, isso que indigna ué. Falei durante o draft todo e não sou especialista em Shabazz. Só que eu vi os dois jogarem e é óbvio que o pequenino é melhor.

Quanto a "pequenos", Shved não tem nada de pequeno. Não sei aonde que um PG de 1,99m é pequeno. Pode jogar na 1, 2 e 3 sem problemas.

Como bem dito pelo Doc aqui no tópico, T-Wolves era o único time que deixava o McCollum em normal size. Jogando com Rubio, ele pode marcar o 1 e o Rubio o 2, afinal, o espanhol é um defensor incrível. Vindo do banco? Pode marcar o 1 igual, porque Shved marca o 2 ou até um 3. Não faz sentido algum desconsiderar ele pelo tamanho. Com Rubio e Svhed isso não é problema na defesa...
<<

PontiacSilverDome

Nível 46: Role Player

Mensagem por PontiacSilverDome » Sáb Jun 29, 2013 11:00 pm

tb estranhei o marla achar o shved pequeno
PontiacSilverDome:
Campeão da 2ª copa Lakers 2009
Campeão da Copa DBL X FDB 2011
Campeão da Divisão Bird 2016
Campeão da Divisão Bird 2017
Vitoria Pixies
Campeão da divisão Leste 2018
<<

Deco

Mensagem por Deco » Dom Jun 30, 2013 12:16 am

Eu não acompanhei de perto esses dois jogadores na ncaa. Sei que um pode ter apresentado mais bola ou mais potencial, mas dizer que um é com certeza melhor do que outro na nba, sem nunca ter feito um jogo na liga, não é um pouco cedo não?

Já vimos casos de caras que não mostraram tanto upside e que chegarem na liga e apareceram muito mais que jogadores de picks mais altas.

Galera já tá reclamando antes mesmo do cara estrear. Clima ruim pro garoto pode atrapalhar ainda mais na adaptação a liga.
Boa Viagem Rivers
Campeão Superliga - 2013/14
<<

Raoni_19

Mensagem por Raoni_19 » Dom Jun 30, 2013 9:40 pm

decoo escreveu:Eu não acompanhei de perto esses dois jogadores na ncaa. Sei que um pode ter apresentado mais bola ou mais potencial, mas dizer que um é com certeza melhor do que outro na nba, sem nunca ter feito um jogo na liga, não é um pouco cedo não?

Já vimos casos de caras que não mostraram tanto upside e que chegarem na liga e apareceram muito mais que jogadores de picks mais altas.

Galera já tá reclamando antes mesmo do cara estrear. Clima ruim pro garoto pode atrapalhar ainda mais na adaptação a liga.
Eu concordo em tudo contigo.

Mas a minha crítica não é a dos fãs do Wolves.

A minha crítica é: Porque escolher o que tem menos potencial? Porque não escolher o que tão falando melhor?
<<

Deco

Mensagem por Deco » Dom Jun 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Pois é! Pra mim isso é falta de qualidade/atenção para o draft. Acho que a ideia do wolves era apostar em dois caras para duas posições que eles precisavam. Eu como gm não faria aquela troca, mas vai saber o que vai dar né? Do o tempo dirá.

Agora a galera do Spurs deveria abrir um curso de como gerir um time na nba :lol: Acho que ia ter fila, hein?
Boa Viagem Rivers
Campeão Superliga - 2013/14
<<

Ramonarat

Nível 1: Pára-quedista

Mensagem por Ramonarat » Seg Abr 12, 2021 11:00 am

, , ,

Cosmophone (# glucophone) is a vibration of seem, glum calm, compatibility that filling space. A odd correlation of hemispheres, petals (notes) and resonator trade an unusually productive of palette of overtones.
To perform an remarkable instrument - a petal sound drum, regularly known as a “glucophone”, a feel of throbbing is enough. His give one the impression is sincerely mystical. And you can learn to take part in it, actually, in a hardly minutes - the most important emotional attachment is to honest learn how to overcome on metal tongues, and it at all times sounds magical.

I invite you to visit my area: http://steel-tongue-drum.info